Five players from English Premier League have made into the FIFA’s 23 man short-list line-up for the prestigious Ballon d’Or World Footballer of the Year award.
Chelsea winger Eden Hazard, Arsenal Attacking midfielder Mesut Ozil, Man City midfielder Yaya Toure, Man United striker Robin Van Persie and Liverpool forward Luis Suarez all five have been made it into the nominee list for the prize.
Barcelona ace Messi will be favourite to collect his fifth Ballon d’Or award. The likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and PSG forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic are in the race of this award.
With his struggling performance, Gareth Bale from Real Madrid is the first English born player who has made it onto the nominee list.
FIFA world men’s player of the year Shortlist are:
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
- Edinson Cavani (Paris St-Germain)
- Radamel Falcao (Monaco)
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris St-Germain)
- Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)
- Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich)
- Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund)
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
- Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich)
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich)
- Neymar (Barcelona)
- Mesut Ozil (Arsenal)
- Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)
- Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)
- Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
- Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich)
- Luis Suarez (Liverpool)
- Thiago Silva (Paris St-Germain)
- Yaya Toure (Manchester City)
- Robin Van Persie (Manchester United)
- Xavi (Barcelona)